You can’t expect to stay as clean as you do in your normal life, when you are out in the wilds, and you are far away from the shower and the bathroom; this is all part of the charm of getting back to nature. However, it is important to know how to stay clean while camping or things will soon start getting sordid and stinky.
So how to stay clean while camping is something you should consider before you set off on your trip because you will need to pack some backpack essentials.
The art of camping is to leave no trace of your presence once you leave, so disposable items are out. Instead, you need a stripped-down kit of personal care items that are biodegradable and safe for the environment because everything else you need to carry with you.
How to stay clean while camping is not difficult if you have the right kit. And remember out in the wilds no one will judge you anyway! Check out Outside, a website and TV channel to find out more about camping.
According to most outdoor enthusiasts, you will need the following hygiene items while camping.
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, and biodegradable toothpicks rather than floss
- Toilet paper – you can look for natural alternatives like moss and plants along the way but unless you are very hardcore, your toilet paper stored in a plastic bag is best. Paper is biodegradable as is poo. You should ensure you have a small implement you can dig with to bury it.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer. You can always drink it if things get bad! (We are joking – never drink hand sanitizer).
- Small microfibre flannel and towel
- Feminine hygiene products – a menstrual cup is best because it can be washed but if not, store your pads and tampons in a plastic bag.
- Plastic bags to store dirty laundry
- Baby wipes or wet wipes. These are fantastic for enabling you to have a quick wash and to keep clean without using up valuable water supplies. We especially like Genial Day Bamboo Wet Wipes because they are biodegradable and will not damage the environment and because they are just so safe and convenient. You can use Genial Day Bamboo Wet Wipes for intimate parts of the body as well as the face and hands because they are natural and unscented.
Genial Day is a fantastic brand that is perfect for camping. The company also produces biodegradable sanitary pads and menstrual cups. Check out Genial Day via the NHC website and benefit from fast free shipping and discounts on your first orders.