A lot of times, we might not have the resources to Dye our hair at the salon. We could have the natural ingredients we need to Dye our hair on our own. Well, this piece would talk about ways you could Dye your hair at home yourself. Let’s start with the ingredients you need, shall we?
Ingredients to Dye Your Hair at Home
- Chamomile Tea
- Lemon Juice
- Carrot juice
- Beet Juice
How to Use some of these dyes to change your hair Color (DIY)
Try using this if you want your hair to have that orange-red tint. This could friend on your hair color. This tint could remain for some weeks.
How to Dye Your Hair using Carrot Juice
- Mix Carrot juice using oil like olive oil or coconut oil.
- Put the mixture gently all around your hair.
- Put plastic all around your hair. Allow the mixture to relax for about an hour
- You can then rinse it using the vinegar made with apple cider.
You can do these same steps if you want more color.
If you want to have a darker tint of red with undertones that’s cooler then you could opt-in for beet juice instead of using carrot juice.
The steps used in making use of beet juice are like those used for carrot juice.
You can mix these beet juice using a carrier oil. You can apply this mixture gently all around your hair. Then wrap it afterward. Allow the mixture to sit for about an hour before you go and wash it out.
Henna is publicly known to be a natural dye that is available to create some tattoos on your skin directly. These tattoos aren’t permanent though. They can be used to change the color of your hair to red.
How to Make use of Henna on your Hair;
- You can mix in about half a cup of henna using a quarter cup of water.
- You can then stir the mixture till you have a combined look that has the consistency of potatoes that’s mashed. You can add in more water if you like.
- You can cover this mixture using some plastic wrap. You can let this sit for about twelve hours. You might need to put in more water after these hours so that you can apply it to your hair.
- You can then wash your hair. You do not need to apply conditioner.
- Wear a headband and put on oil like olive oil or coconut oil. This is necessary so that the henna doesn’t stain your skin.
- After the color merges properly, then you can wash your hair and relax.
These are ways one can Dye their hair at home simply without going to the saloon. It is easy, fast, and can be done with ingredients at home.