If you have a cat, then you would know that they can be the most lovely pet anyone could have, and they are fantastic creatures. You ordinarily would want to do as much as you can for them, and their furniture is very important, but you might not be able to build it yourself. That is why in this article we are going to provide you with options of fun do it yourself (DIY) cat furniture. Cat furniture is very important, and these fun DIY options are sure to make your house look more cat friendly, while your cat or cats would enjoy whichever you make for them.
Fun DIY Cat Furniture
Try these ideas and see what your favorite feline thinks!
- Enclosed Cabinet Litter Box: This cat furniture is easy to make and very functional; your cat will definitely enjoy it. A lovely enclosed cabinet litter box will surely add to the beauty of your home. Check out this fun DIY cat furniture YouTube video by Alexandra Gater on how to make it.
- Bunk Beds with Hammock: This is particularly lovely furniture to make if you have more than one cat. This would enable them to stay together while they have their space, and the best part is that it is easy to make. You can make it yourself and it would be a fantastic addition to your furniture collection. This furniture would be like a condo for your cats. It has a single frame made of wood, and this frame can also be a post for scratching. You know what hammocks are, so you just use soft and durable fabric to make the hammocks. This is sure to give your cats more than enough space for them to sleep in.
- Holder for their Bowls: Make your lovely cats a bowl hold that you made with so much love, they are sure to enjoy it. You can make it from bamboo, it is easy to make, you don’t need special skills or materials to make this cat furniture.
- Cat Bed: You can make a bed for your cat; this can be made from old sweaters once you finish making the frame. This is quite easy to make. You don’t need to be an expert in anything, you just need to care about your cat enough.
- Cat Tree: We know that cats love to climb trees, if your cat is like this you can easily make them a tree indoors, this is easy furniture you can make for your cat that they would enjoy, and it would still give your home a natural look and feel. You would make the branches, trunk, and platforms for your cat to do whatever they want.
- Repurpose your old dresser into a cat condo: This is a fulfilment of your cat’s desire to have their own space. You can get your cat their own real estate that they will love and cherish. Just turn your old dresser into a sweet home for your cat. You can put a litter box in there, also a space for sleeping, scratching post, and the like. Design it with what you have and make it beautiful.
Check out more adorable and affordable fun DIY cat furniture making ideas on the DIY Cat Village YouTube channel, which uses mostly IKEA items to build custom cat furniture.